emTopolizer (version 1.1)
|File(s):||Addon containing one dll/so file and several ICE compounds|
|Compatibility:||Softimage 2012 SP1 and above,
Windows 64 bit,
Linux 64 bit
uses the Reprise License Manager (RLM)
A walk through the features and functionality of this new Softimage|ICE plugin.
- starting at 00:00 > "Introduction".
- starting at 01:22 > "Concept of emTopolizer (Geometry Core)".
- starting at 04:14 > "A first simple example".
- starting at 08:44 > "A more elaborate example".
- starting at 11:20 > "What else can emTopolizer do?".
- starting at 11:53 > "The new ICE polygonizer, geometry caching".
- starting at 20:41 > "The UVW Engineer.
emTopolizer is a Softimage ICE plugin for creating, accessing and manipulating geometry within ICE.
The plugin consists of an Addon that contains a "DLL" file (Windows) or "so" file (Linux) for the custom ICE node (compiled C++ code for 64 bit versions of Softimage) and many ICE compounds.
Feature list of emTopolizer:
- high speed geometry caching
Reads and writes polygon meshes via a single ICE compound preset or via the "Geometry Reader/Writer" operators.
Currently supported formats:
- .mzd (native format, compatible with emPoylgonizer v.4).
- .emp2 (native format, compatible with Softimage's built-in Polygonizer and version 2, 3 and 4 of emPoylgonizer).
- .obj (Wavefront's ASCII format, compatible with all 3D packages).
- .bin (RealFlow's binary geometry format, compatible with Maya and 3ds Max).
- high performance polygonizer within ICE
The brand new multithreaded meshing core with a new memory management (ridiculously small memory usage whatever you are meshing).
- UVW Engineer
A highly versatile texture coordinate creation tool designed to create UVs for geometry sequences with changing topology, typically meshed liquid simulations coming either directly from polygonizer or from a cached geometry file sequence (e.g. RealFlow meshes).
- Vertex Islands / Polygon Islands
Access to vertex/polygon island data in linear time. Combine this with the "Vertex Island" tool of the freeware addon emTools to animate and control vertex islands via an ordinary point cloud.
Apply some thickness to a polygon mesh, no matter how heavy.
Disconnect and extrude the polygons whilst preserving the UVs, normals and vertex colors.
- The "Geometry Free Reader"
A free geometry reader compound, good when throwing some scenes onto the farm that use cached geometry.
- Many further little high speed goodies
Fix non-manifold edges, quadrangule, apply a special liquid mesh smoothing, sort vertices and polygons, blur normals, blur UVs, blur colors, close holes in a mesh, etc.